One of our all time fave healthy recipes is Jenny’s famous Chilli Con Carne... and the best part is - it uses mainly pantry staples! Plus, it’s so easy to make and you can freeze it in batches. Check out the recipe below:
• 1kg beef mince (low fat)
• 1 large onion, finely diced
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 large bunch fresh coriander, stem and leaves chopped
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 2 tsp cumin
• 2 tsp paprika
• 1 tbsp dried crushed chilli
• 1 x 820g Heinz Big Red Soup
• 1 x 240g tin diced tomatoes
• 1 x 240g tin kidney beans (salt reduced)
• 1 x 240g tin chickpeas 3/4 cup low salt beef stock
Method: Sauté onion and garlic for a few minutes on medium heat, then add beef mince to pan and brown (be sure to squash out any lumps) - Add spices, chilli and chopped coriander and stir through - Add soup, tomatoes, drained and rinsed kidney beans and chickpeas and stir - Add beef stock and cook on low for about 1 hour with the lid off, stirring regularly - Serve with a portion of brown rice or tri-colour quinoa and a dollop of guacamole.
“I also love to roast or stir fry a generous portion of green vegetables and toast wholegrain tortillas which we slice up to corn chip size to have alongside the dish,” says Jenny.
Happy cooking and let us know if you try this dish at home!